*heart wide open* Community Guidelines (as of fall 2017):
Below are some thoughts on how we want to be with ourselves and with each other, in order to create events and gatherings where we cultivate a fertile and nurturing environment for exploring community-supported personal transformation and the power of bringing both heartfulness and mindfulness into our everyday lives.
These guidelines have been co-created by *heart wide open* participants, and are alive (continually evolving to meet the needs of the community). To dialogue about anything written here, please connect with us.
- enter the gathering space mindfully
be as fully present as possible
know that everything is an invitation, not a requirement
- share airtime (take turns speaking and listening)
- speak in 1st person about our own feelings, ideas, observations, experiences etc., rather than someone else’s
- embrace silence (and stillness)
- be mindful of other people’s space (physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual)
- welcome and hold space for each others emotions as well as ideas
- honour other people’s personal stories and observe deep confidentiality
- celebrate showing up!